American Staffordshire Terrier NOSE BUTTER® For Your Dog's Dry Nose Woes
The American Staffordshire Terrier is a strong, smart and sadly, often misunderstood breed. Sometimes confused with their smaller cousins, the Staffordshire Bull Terrier, the Am Staff (as they are often called) is their own unique breed.
Nasal Hyperkeratosis & Your AmStaff
Like many of their bully cousins, the American Staffordshire Terrier often has a tendency toward dry nose issues. Your American Staffordshire Terrier may have a dry nose with some crustiness or the dryness may be a more extreme version pictured below, a condition called Nasal Hyperkeratosis.
Nasal Hyperkeratosis is a condition of unknown origin which causes your dog's nose tissue to grow in crusty, scab-like layers. There is no cure, but regular usage of Nose Butter® will keep it under control, giving your AmStaff a healthy nose again.
(More info on Nasal Hyperkeratosis HERE). The good news is no matter how dry your Am Staff's nose is Nose Butter is the answer.
Why A Healthy Nose Is Important To Your American Staffordshire Terrier
Your dog's ancestors were used to chase wild boar down and control bulls. Ok, let’s stop and think about that…they tracked, chased and cornered WILD BOARS. Have you ever seen wild boars on Discovery Channel? Those tusks, that ferocity, yikes! And subdue bulls…BULLS!
Having a moist nose is what allows your dog to attract the smells that are floating by and process the info. This gives them the tools needed to guard and protect your family. If your dog can't get important scent info they may become anxious, less confident and edgy. Plus, you never know when a wild boar or bull will need to be captured and subdued.
Nose Butter moisturizes your Am Staff’s dry nose, giving back their smell gathering mojo. This equals a happy, healthy, more confident American Staffordshire Terrier.
American Staffordshire Terrier Nose Butter® Product Info
- Individually handcrafted by The Blissful Dog in far northern Minnesota
- All natural and organic ingredients used: Shea butter, olive oil, coconut oil, castor oil, cocoa seed butter, avocado oil, beeswax + scented version essential oils; cedar wood, cypress and ylang ylang
- Available in .15 oz (lip balm size) or .50 oz tubes & 1, 2, 4, 8 or 16 oz tins
- Unscented or Lightly Scented
- Includes complete directions booklet
- American Staffordshire Terrier Duo on the label
- Non-toxic, not harmful if swallowed
Shop Our American Staffordshire Curated Collection
for everything with American Staffordshire Terrier labels + recommended products.
Nose Butter Product Details
Nose Butter® All Natural Ingredients
Handcrafted By The Blissful Dog Since 2002 Using All Natural Ingredients
- all natural and organic ingredients used:
- Shea butter
- olive oil
- coconut oil
- castor oil
- cocoa seed butter
- avocado oil
- unscented - no essential oils
- scented essential oils; cedar wood, cypress and ylang ylang
Using Nose Butter
Using Nose Butter
- Warm product before using for faster absorption
- DAB on your dog's nose
- DISTRACT to keep them from licking it off
- REPEAT 2-3x daily for 1-3 days or until improvement
- Use as needed for maintenance (1-2x a week)
- Non-toxic, no active ingredients & no harm is licked
More Tips On Using Nose Butter On Uncooperative, Stubborn Dogs - We know you're asking for a friend.
Nasal Hyperkeratosis aka Extreme Dog Nose Dryness
Nasal Hyperkeratosis in Dogs
Nasal Hyperkeratosis is the extremely dry version of a dry dog nose. Any breed, any dog can develop it, but there are a few characteristics or circumstances that can trigger it. More info in video below and here.