Does Your Cane Corso Have a Dry, Crusty or Even Cracked Nose?
Cane Corso Nose Butter® Moisturizes Your Mastiff's Dry, Rough Nose…Naturally
Your Cane Corso is a head-turner! Their size alone attracts attention, but toss in their muscular physique, that massive head and the intelligence that shines from their eyes and you have a showstopper of a dog. Of course you want to keep them looking and feeling their very best with our nose butter for Cane Corso dogs!
Your Cane Corso's Ancestors Were Gladiators
One of the ancient breeds, the Cane Corso Italiano originated in Italy. The old Roman Molossian or “Canis Pugnax” is his ancestor. This imposing breed was used to hunt large game and as an actual warrior in battles. Yep, your dog's ancestors were GLADIATORS!
As you know, a dog's sense of smell is his superpower. Your Cane Corso throws that big head up, takes a deep sniff and gets all the info he needs to make good Cane Corso decisions. If your Cane Corso's nose is dry, cracked or crusty he won't be able to sniff all the juicy smells floating by. NOSE BUTTER® for Cane Corso dogs moisturizes the nose leather, getting it back into info-gathering shape FAST.
Your Cane Corso's Dry Nose
Like other Mastiff breeds, the Cane Corso has a tendency toward having a dry or crusty, cracked nose. If your Cane Corso's nose is covered with a harder crusty, barnacle looking tissue (like below), Nasal Hyperkeratosis, a dry nose condition common among dogs, especially flatter-faced, Mastiffs types and Giant breeds, may be the culprit.
NOSE BUTTER® for your Cane Corso dog will have him swaggering around the Colosseum, make that the dog park, in just a few days. Not only does your Cane Corso look better and feel better physically, but he will be more confident relaxed, as he is getting the info he needs. Your dog will be more confident, relaxed and in control when his senses are all working as they were intended with the help of this dry dog nose treatment balm.
Nose Butter for Cane Corso Dogs Product Info
- Individually handcrafted by The Blissful Dog in far northern Minnesota
- All natural and organic ingredients used: Shea butter, olive oil, coconut oil, castor oil, cocoa seed butter, avocado oil, beeswax + scented version essential oils; cedar wood, cypress and ylang ylang
- .15 oz (lip balm size) or .50 oz tubes + 1, 2, 4, 8 & 16 oz tins
- Unscented or Lightly Scented
- Includes complete directions booklet
- Cane Corso on the dog nose butter label
- Non-toxic, not harmful if swallowed
How To Best Use Nose Butter® Info & Video
HOW TO APPLY NOSE BUTTER
- For ease of application and faster absorption put tin or tube in your pocket for a few minutes to warm it
- TIN Scoop a bit out with finger or spoon and warm in your palm before application for faster absorption
- DAB on dog's nose
- DISTRACT to keep them from licking it off (give treat, feed dinner, go for walk)
- REPEAT 2-3x daily for 1-3 days or until there is improvement
- Use as needed for maintenance (usually 1-2x a week)
- Products have no active ingredients and will not harm your dog if they lick some off. But we do want the product to get it's work done, so see distract tips
- Complete tips, hints & directions brochure is included with every order
FYI: Our balms have a very thick, stiff consistency, because your dog's nose is very thick skin tissue. If it were a fluffy cream, it would not work.
Distraction Tips - Look Squirrel!
- Like pulling off a bandaid - Apply FAST
- Give treats before, during and after application, if needed
- Peanut butter on a wooden spoon is a great trick
- Feed their dinner after application
- Play your dog's fave game
- Throw a ball or go for a walk
- Pets and cuddles are always good
Keeping Expectations Real
Every so often a customer tells us their dog doesn’t “like” the Nose Butter, etc. Some dogs just do not like being controlled, messed with, having their faces touched or anything done to them. We get it! Sometimes our dogs do NOT want to be messed with, restrained or have their faces touched. They will flip, fight, twist and turn and some of the dogs have the audacity to wipe the product off on the sofa or their owner's leg!
Your dog may not “like” having Nose Butter applied. They may not like going to the vet or getting their toenails trimmed. Just like most of us don't like going to the dentist, but we go. Sometimes we have to do something for our dog's well-being…cutting toenails, giving meds, cleaning ears, going to the vet, or applying Nose Butter, etc. If your dog struggles, make the process FASTER and reward lavishly. This may be one of those situations in which you have to be firm with your dog, again, for the greater good.
Application Tips for Wiggly, Uncooperative, Licking Dogs
How to Apply Nose, Paw, Elbow and Boo Boo Butter To Wiggly, Uncooperative, Licking, Twisting, Flipping Dogs
We feel your pain. Some of us have dogs that are less than cooperative when it comes to anything being done to them. It is not that they don't like the products themselves, they just don't want anything done to them. Period. For those dogs here are a few tips and tricks, but may we remind you...you are the person and sometimes we have to do what is for our dog's own good…like going to the vet, having toenails cut and maybe having Nose Butter put on their nose.
- Let your dog lick peanut butter off spoon while you apply
- Try strong smelling treats - goat cheese, tuna, fishy treats
- Tag team! One give treats or pet while the other applies
- Go for a walk, throw a ball
- Dab on while they sleep - sneaky!
- Be FAST! Dab! Distract! Done!
Additional Tips for Flat-Faced Dogs, Lickers and Carpet Rubbers
Flat-faced dogs often resist application, as their breathing is already compromised. Apply as quickly as possible and don’t hold your flat-faced dog tightly, as this often makes them struggle more. This goes for Toy Dogs also, they know they're small and don't want to held tightly for fear of being hurt.
DISTRACTION - BE TENACIOUS
First be sure you are warming the product to the point of melted before application. It will soak in much faster if almost there when you apply.
Distracting dogs that are determined to lick the product off (or rub it off on furniture) may take some tenacity on your part. Treats, walks, throwing a ball or just petting them may work. Think of anything your dog loves and use that on them for the ten minutes or so needed. Stick to it...it’s for your dog’s well-being.
Nose Butter® All Natural Ingredients
NOSE BUTTER® is individually handcrafted, mixed and poured one-by-one by The Blissful Dog team here in far northern Minnesota using the following all natural and organic good stuff.
- Shea Butter
- Cocoa Seed Butter
- Almond Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Castor Oil
- Olive Oil
- Scented Formulation: Cedarwood, Cypress and Ylang Ylang Essential Oils
- Or Unscented.
- More info on ingredients here.
Choosing Which Nose Butter® Is Best For Your Dog
WHICH NOSE BUTTER DOES YOUR DOG NEED?
NOSE BUTTER is the same formulation for all the dog breeds, whether it is in tins or tubes and with any label. The breed labels allow you to customize your NOSE BUTTER with your dog's breed on the label (like a breed mug or tshirt). Don’t see your breed? Check out JUST A NOSE (label has uh, Just A Nose) and MIXED Breed Dog labels.
WHY SO MANY SIZES OF TINS & TUBES?
Dogs come in all sizes, so we offer a variety of sizes of tins and tubes.
WHICH IS BEST FOR YOU AND YOUR DOG - NOSE BUTTER IN TINS OR TUBES?
- NOSE BUTTER® is same formula/recipe/magic stuff in tins and tubes
- TINS - better value per ounce
- TINS - great for hands-on application
- TUBES - ez to use - dab and done
- TUBES - no mess
- TUBES - great for travel
- FYI: Tube is like a chapstick, glue stick or deodorant tube NOT a toothpaste tube
- Toy dogs - lip balm sized tubes are great for tiny noses
- Larger size better value per ounce
- Larger sizes save on postage (especially internationally)
- Older dogs need more frequent applications
- Some individual dogs need more frequent applications
- Shelf life is 3 years (or longer) when stored in dry, cool conditions
Nasal Hyperkeratosis Info - Extremely Dry Dog Noses
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS AKA CRUSTY CRUD, BARNACLE NOSE
Is your dog’s nose EXTREMELY dry? Does it look like barnacles are growing on it? Are there layers or chunks of crust that crack and bleed? If your dog’s nose looks like the BEFORE noses in the image above, it may be Nasal Hyperkeratosis. Rest assured, it is not caused by diet, genetics, playing in the dirt or anything you can control. And the good news is Nose Butter® works on it!
Nasodigital or Nasal Hyperkeratosis is an idiopathic condition, which means unknown cause ¯\(°_o)/¯ that causes excessive formulation of dry crust that vets call keratin, (vet-speak for protein). It actually IS layers of skin tissue that has grown wild over on the nose.
This condition isn't life-threatening and most veterinarians consider Nasal Hyperkeratosis cosmetic. But there are medical, cosmetic and mental health reasons that this dry nose condition can affect your dog's well being. It has to be uncomfortable for your dog. Your dog cannot breathe as easily. It’s unattractive, of course.
Most importantly, your dog is not getting the scents and smells they need to feel secure and confident. A healthy nose snags good smells that float by and provides your dog with info. A dry nose is not going to capture the info packed smells. This can lead to frustration and a lack of self confidence.
You know you feel when have NO SERVICE as you drive in an unfamiliar area? Probably frustrated, anxious and maybe terrified. Your dog experiences those same emotions when they can't get the info they need to make good dog decisions.
Just want to let you know how great your product is!!!!! Received the order yesterday & starting using the Blissful Nose Butter and cannot believe how her nose has improved in such a short period of time. Jasmine & I Thank You!!!
I have been using this product with two poodles who had dry nose issues. They would get cracks or crunchy dry edges. The nose butter works well, they like it, and it is good for them and easy to apply
2nd time buying from the blissful dog, their products last quite long if you buy the bigger sizes. My dogs nose is so unbelievably crusty. I have to use this daily in order for his nose to remain moisturized and smooth. If I skip a few days it’s right back to the crust/scab phase. I bought a few sticks and even got two other products because I love this line so much!
My schnauzer has had a frayed/splintered-looking dry cracked nose for YEARS and I ran into your website and thought I’d try Nose Butter. He is 14 years old and now looks like a puppy! His demeanor and energy seem better also. I am so pleased about the improvement that I posted the before and after photos on Facebook!
Have used similar products that work but my bulldog doesn’t tolerate them being put on so the unscented nose butter has been a godsend. He no longer has a cracked dried nose :)
I was amazed how fast the nose butter actually worked.
The nose butter has not completely handled Gunner's scaly nose, it's better, but we are needing to apply the butter multiple times a day to keep the scales at bay. If we don't it dries right out again. We may need to visit our local vet to get it looked at.
Works Very well
I was worried about trying this because I was unfamiliar with the brand, but within a day the crusty nose was visibly healing. After a week, it looked totally normal. She is not fond of my putting it on her but in fairness, why would she be. It has REALLY helped, thank you!
Worked great.! Within 5 days his nose went from rough and flaking to smooth, moist and shiny!