Border Collie Nose Butter® The Smart Solution For Your Genius Dog's Dry Nose
Border Collies are known as THE smartest dogs. They are super intelligent, athletic, active and great looking to boot.
Border Collies Were Bred To Work Hard & Smart
The Border Collie was bred to do one job relentlessly…to herd. They are hardwired to round up various animals ranging from ducks, chickens, geese or cattle and make them go in a certain direction.
While the Border is famous for “The Eye” that locks into the “herdee” (I made up a word) and works Border Collie herding magic, he also uses his sense of smell. Working Borders sniff the air to get the scent of stragglers that meander away from the group.
Even though your Border Collie may never herd a cow, goat or goose in his life, he still responds to the inner push of centuries of DNA hard-wired into that big dog brain. NOSE BUTTER® does its part in keeping the nose moist and receptive to scents, thus making your Border Collie even smarter.
Your Border Collie's Dry Nose
Border Collies often have dry or even crusty noses, as do many of the herding breeds. If the crustiness is extreme, resembling layers of oysters, it could be Nasal Hyperkeratosis (more info HERE).
Nature tells your dog to keep his nose nice and moist for a reason. The moist skin on a healthy dog nose grabs the scent particles that float by with all the doggie scoop and news. The scent particles are then directed from the moist outer nose into a storage chamber for processing later. Like smelly bookmarks.
If they can't get all the info they need, it can lead to stress, edginess and fearfulness. The good news is Nose Butter® works for all levels of Border Collie nose dryness from just a bit dry to extremely dry.
Border Collie Nose Butter® Product Info
- Individually handcrafted by The Blissful Dog in far northern Minnesota
- All natural and organic ingredients used
- Shea butter, olive oil, coconut oil, castor oil, cocoa seed butter, avocado oil, beeswax + scented version essential oils; cedar wood, cypress and ylang ylang
- In .15 oz (lip balm size) & .50 oz tubes + 1, 2, 4, 8 & 16 oz tins
- Unscented or Lightly Scented
- Includes complete directions booklet
- Border Collie on the label
- Non-toxic, no harm if swallowed or licked
Nose Butter Product Details
Nose Butter® All Natural Ingredients
Handcrafted By The Blissful Dog Since 2002 Using All Natural Ingredients
- all natural and organic ingredients used:
- Shea butter
- olive oil
- coconut oil
- castor oil
- cocoa seed butter
- avocado oil
- unscented - no essential oils
- scented essential oils; cedar wood, cypress and ylang ylang
Using Nose Butter
Using Nose Butter
- Warm product before using for faster absorption
- DAB on your dog's nose
- DISTRACT to keep them from licking it off
- REPEAT 2-3x daily for 1-3 days or until improvement
- Use as needed for maintenance (1-2x a week)
- Non-toxic, no active ingredients & no harm is licked
More Tips On Using Nose Butter On Uncooperative, Stubborn Dogs - We know you're asking for a friend.
Nasal Hyperkeratosis aka Extreme Dog Nose Dryness
Nasal Hyperkeratosis in Dogs
Nasal Hyperkeratosis is the extremely dry version of a dry dog nose. Any breed, any dog can develop it, but there are a few characteristics or circumstances that can trigger it. More info in video below and here.