Bloodhound Nose Butter® For Your Hard-Sniffing Bloodhound's Maximum Nose Health
Bloodhounds have the most famous noses in all of the canine world. Movies, tv shows and books are filled with images and tales (tails?) of Bloodhounds using their powerful noses. "Release the hounds!" some overly excited deputy yells and a baying pack of excited Bloodhounds go tearing off into the woods after the escaped criminals.
Your Bloodhound Was Bred To SNIFF
The Bloodhound is synonymous with the ultimate in canine nose prowess. For over 1000 years dogs of this type have been bred to follow a trail. The monks of St. Hubert in Belgium established the bloodlines and are credited with breeding the best tracking dog on earth.
Your Bloodhound may never track anything more than a pizza box out from under your kid's bed. But that does not mean a moist nose operating at maximum smell gathering capacity isn’t important!
All the knowledge the Monk's of St. Hubert had of breeding for maximum scenting ability is hard-wired into your Bloodhounds DNA. Even more so than other dogs, your Bloodhound MUST have his nose working at full sniffing power to feel his best…physically and mentally.
Your Bloodhound's Dry Nose
Bloodhounds often have issues with dry noses, from a bit of dryness around the nostrils or at the ridge where the nose meets their face. Not as many Bloodhounds have the extreme version of dryness called nasal hyperkeratosis, but some do. The good news is Nose Butter works for all ranges of nose dryness.
Nose Butter moisturizes and nourishes your Bloodhound’s rough, dry nose. Usually after just a few days of usage your Bloodhound will look better AND feel better. The physical benefits are apparent, but the psychological benefits are just as important. With his genetics demanding full sniffing power, your Bloodhound will be more confident, grounded and secure if he is getting all the info he needs. A smooth, moist nose = happy, confident Bloodhound.
Bloodhound Nose Butter® Product Info
- Individually handcrafted by The Blissful Dog in far northern Minnesota
- All natural and organic ingredients used: Shea butter, olive oil, coconut oil, castor oil, cocoa seed butter, avocado oil, beeswax + scented version essential oils; cedar wood, cypress and ylang ylang
- In .15 oz (lip balm size) + .50 oz tubes & 1, 2, 4, 8 & 16 oz tins
- Unscented or Lightly Scented
- Includes complete directions booklet
- Bloodhound on the label
- Non-toxic, no harm if swallowed or licked
Nose Butter Product Details
Nose Butter® All Natural Ingredients
Handcrafted By The Blissful Dog Since 2002 Using All Natural Ingredients
- all natural and organic ingredients used:
- Shea butter
- olive oil
- coconut oil
- castor oil
- cocoa seed butter
- avocado oil
- unscented - no essential oils
- scented essential oils; cedar wood, cypress and ylang ylang
Using Nose Butter
Using Nose Butter
- Warm product before using for faster absorption
- DAB on your dog's nose
- DISTRACT to keep them from licking it off
- REPEAT 2-3x daily for 1-3 days or until improvement
- Use as needed for maintenance (1-2x a week)
- Non-toxic, no active ingredients & no harm is licked
More Tips On Using Nose Butter On Uncooperative, Stubborn Dogs - We know you're asking for a friend.
Nasal Hyperkeratosis aka Extreme Dog Nose Dryness
Nasal Hyperkeratosis in Dogs
Nasal Hyperkeratosis is the extremely dry version of a dry dog nose. Any breed, any dog can develop it, but there are a few characteristics or circumstances that can trigger it. More info in video below and here.