FRENCH BULLDOG NOSE BUTTER® FOR YOUR BLUE BULLY BUDDY'S DRY NOSE
French Bulldogs are whimsical, fun gremlins and can be found in a plethora of colors. At this time, the French Bulldog Club of America recognizes quite a few colors (see info below), but blue is not among them. But that doesn't mean your Frenchie can't have NOSE BUTTER® with their own label, so here we go!
Oh, by the way, we can only have 100 different variations/options per item here on Shopify (my shopping cart provider) and ran out of options with the regular Frenchie NOSE BUTTER® page, that is why our blue buddy has his own page.
Acceptable colors – All brindle, fawn, white, brindle and white, and any color except those which constitute disqualification. All colors are acceptable with the exception of solid black, mouse, liver, black and tan, black and white, and white with black, which are disqualifications. Black means black without a trace of brindle.
Your French Bulldog may have an all-over dry nose or it may be a more extreme version. If the nose is covered by layers of crust that looks like barnacles or scabby sci-fi crust, it may be Nasal Hyperkeratosis (more info on that condition HERE). No matter how dry your French Bulldog's nose is NOSE BUTTER® is the answer.
WHY HAVING A MOIST NOSE IS A BIG DEAL TO YOUR FRENCH BULLDOG
Your French Bulldog may not ever trail anything more than a dropped coolie, but he depend on his nose for info. When his nose is dry, crusty or cracked he sniffs and sniffs, trying to snag scents. In desperation he then licks his nose in a vain attempt to moisten his sandpaper snout. Of course that just makes it worse! Think of it as trying to get a cellular signal and you’ve got one shaky stinking bar. You will turn and twirl and hold the phone up, chasing those elusive signal bars! So frustrating!
If your Frenchie's sense of smell is dulled by a dry, crusty nose, he may become less confident. Not getting enough info leads to stress and insecurity (like the one bar feeling). A moist nose is smell snagging flypaper, grabbing the scent particles that float by and feeding them to your dog’s scent receptors.
The rich, moisturizers in French Bulldog NOSE BUTTER® nourish the parched tissue of your dog’s dry nose. After a few days of NOSE BUTTER® your Frenchie will have his nose mojo back. Not only will your best buddy look and feel better physically, his confidence and swagger will be enhanced. No more FOMOS (Fear of Missing Out on Smells).
TINS SIZE OPTIONS: 1, 2, 4, 8 & 16 OZ | TUBE SIZE OPTIONS: .15 (Lip Balm Size), .50 & 2 OZ
FRENCH BULLDOG COMBO KITS WITH NOSE, PAW, ELBOW & BOO BOO BUTTER + RELAX AROMATHERAPY SHOP HERE
INGREDIENTS + INFO ON CHOOSING & USING NOSE BUTTER®
HOW TO USE NOSE BUTTER®
HOW TO APPLY NOSE BUTTER
- Complete tips, hints & directions brochure is included with every order
- TIN Scoop a bit out with finger or spoon
- TUBE Point away from dog's eyes
- DAB on dog's nose
- DISTRACT to keep them from licking it off (give treat, feed dinner, go for walk)
- REPEAT 2-3x daily for 1-3 days or until nose improves
- THEN USE AS NEEDED for maintenance (1-2x a week)
- TIP: Use a spoon to scoop a bit out of tin and warm in your palm before application, if needed
- TIP: Many dogs do not like being controlled tightly and will try to get away, apply FAST
- TIP: Flat faced dogs especially don't like having their faces messed with, dab and go. Bribe liberally!
- TIP: Treats BEFORE, DURING & AFTER really works!
- MORE TIPS HERE
NOSE BUTTER® Ingredients
NOSE BUTTER® is individually handcrafted, mixed and poured one-by-one by The Blissful Dog team here in far northern Minnesota using the following all natural and organic good stuff.
- Shea Butter
- Cocoa Seed Butter
- Almond Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Castor Oil
- Olive Oil
- Scented Formulation: Cedarwood, Cypress and Ylang Ylang Essential Oils
- Or Unscented.
- More info on ingredients here.
Choosing NOSE BUTTER®
WHICH NOSE BUTTER DOES YOUR DOG NEED?
NOSE BUTTER is the same formulation for all the dog breeds, whether it is in tins or tubes and with any label. The breed labels allow you to customize your NOSE BUTTER with your dog's breed on the label (like a breed mug or tshirt). Don’t see your breed? Check out JUST A NOSE (label has uh, Just A Nose) and MIXED Breed Dog labels.
WHY SO MANY SIZES OF TINS & TUBES?
Dogs come in all sizes, so we offer a variety of sizes of tins and tubes.
WHICH IS BEST FOR YOU AND YOUR DOG - NOSE BUTTER IN TINS OR TUBES?
- NOSE BUTTER® is same formula/recipe/magic stuff in tins and tubes
- TINS - better value per ounce
- TINS - great for hands-on application
- TUBES - ez to use - dab and done
- TUBES - no mess
- TUBES - great for travel
- FYI: Tube is like a chapstick, glue stick or deodorant tube NOT a toothpaste tube
- Toy dogs - lip balm sized tubes are great for tiny noses
- Larger size better value per ounce
- Larger sizes save on postage (especially internationally)
- Older dogs need more frequent applications
- Some individual dogs need more frequent applications
- Shelf life is 3 years (or longer) when stored in dry, cool conditions
NASAL HYPERKERATPSIS YOUR DOG'S EXTREMELY DRY NOSE
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS AKA CRUSTY CRUD, BARNACLE NOSE
Is your dog’s nose EXTREMELY dry? Does it look like barnacles are growing on it? Are there layers or chunks of crust that crack and bleed? If your dog’s nose looks like the BEFORE noses in the image above, it may be Nasal Hyperkeratosis. Rest assured, it is not caused by diet, genetics, playing in the dirt or anything you can control. And the good news is Nose Butter® works on it!
Nasodigital or Nasal Hyperkeratosis is an idiopathic condition, which means unknown cause ¯\(°_o)/¯ that causes excessive formulation of dry crust that vets call keratin, (vet-speak for protein). It actually IS layers of skin tissue that has grown wild over on the nose.
This condition isn't life-threatening and most veterinarians consider Nasal Hyperkeratosis cosmetic. But there are medical, cosmetic and mental health reasons that this dry nose condition can affect your dog's well being. It has to be uncomfortable for your dog. Your dog cannot breathe as easily. It’s unattractive, of course.
Most importantly, your dog is not getting the scents and smells they need to feel secure and confident. A healthy nose snags good smells that float by and provides your dog with info. A dry nose is not going to capture the info packed smells. This can lead to frustration and a lack of self confidence.
You know you feel when have NO SERVICE as you drive in an unfamiliar area? Probably frustrated, anxious and maybe terrified. Your dog experiences those same emotions when they can't get the info they need to make good dog decisions.
MORE INFO HERE.