BFFs Bug Off Soap Washes Those Biting Bugs Away
Artisan Handcrafted Bar Soap for Your Dog
UGH, BUGS! Of course they serve a useful purpose in the grand scheme of life, we need honeybees to pollinate stuff and earthworms aerate the soil, BUT, biting flies, fleas and such that torment our dogs are on our hit list! Our goal is to offer an all natural alternative that works pretty durn well against bugs, while not harming the earth, you or your dog.
The first step is to wash those bugs away using our all natural Bug Off Soap. Our BFF labels is not just for two Best Friends Forever, but also to our dogs being Bug Free Forever!
Bug Off Dog Soap Bar handcrafted using; Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Organic Palm, Shea Butter, Castor Oil, Neem Oil, and Essential Oils: Lemongrass, Cedar & Citronella
Blissful Dog Bathing Tips
Blissfully Clean Dog Bathing Tips
- First, don’t rush. Make sure you have plenty of time to make bath time positive and maybe even fun. If you feel yourself getting frazzled, stop and breathe.
- Determine where the bathing will take place. The kitchen sink or a laundry tub may work for your smaller dog. Large dogs may require the bathtub or shower. If weather permits, bathing your dog outside could be a fun family event
- Gather your supplies prior to the bathing extravaganza
- Suggested Supplies: Your choice of Blissfully Clean Dog Shampoo or Soap, towels (at least three), cotton balls, collar & lead (if needed), yummy dog treats for after bath, wine/chocolate for your job-well-done after bath treat (if needed)
- Use an encouraging happy voice (use that baby talk voice, yeah, we all do it) and talk to your dog throughout the bath
- Put a cotton ball in each ear to keep water out – this is a biggie and will save you potential ear infections and expense
- Wet your dog thoroughly from the ears back with lukewarm water (not hot)
- Tip: DO NOT squirt water into their face…dogs hate that! Use a washcloth or small bath puff for face cleaning
- Grab your shampoo/soap and work up a lather
- Start behind their ears and massage the suds into their coat from ears to tail (don’t forget their toes)
- Rinse, rinse, rinse and then rinse one more time just to be sure!
- Towel dry very gently
- Let your dog shake – they really, really want to, so let ’em have a good shake! It's part of being a dog
- If you used soap put it on a soap dish, let it dry, then pop back in its tin
- If needed, blow dry with a very cool setting. If you will be drying your dog often invest in a special dog blow dryer
- Praise them, pet them, make this a FUN occasion
- Most dogs have the rip snorts after a bath! Let them run!
- Treat yourself to a job well done! Have that glass of wine or treat of your choice
Bug Off Soap Product Info & Ingredients
Bug Off Bar Soap Product Info
- Handcrafted in the USA exclusively for The Blissful Dog
- Each bar is 3.5-4 ounces of bathing fun
- Includes a handy dandy storage tin
- Your Choice Dog Bug Buddy on the Label
- Stamped with The Blissful Dog seal of approval. Literally!
- Complete tips, hints & directions included with each bar
Handcrafted Using: Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Organic Palm, Shea Butter, Castor Oil, Neem Oil, and Essential Oil Blend of Lemongrass, Cedar & Citronella
Bug Off Butter Product Info & Ingredients
Bug Off Butter Product Info & Ingredients
- Individually handcrafted, mixed and poured here at The Blissful Dog in far northern Minnesota
- All natural and organic ingredients used
- Shea Butter, Olive Oil, Grapeseed Oil, Neem Oil, Almond Oil, Coconut Oil, Beeswax, Avocado Oil, Cocoa Seed Butter, Castor Oil, Essential Oil Blend of Lemongrass, Geranium, Rosemary, Cedarwood and Citronella.
- Available in .15 oz (lip balm sized) or .50 oz tubes and 1, 2, 4, 8 or 16 oz tins
- Includes complete tips, hints and directions booklet
- Your Choice Buggy Dog label
- In gift bag
Bug Off Butter is the same recipe whether it has a Buggy Bulldog or Bugged Off Pug on the label.
The Blissful Dog represents that this product qualifies for exemption from registration under the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA). Product has not been registered with the United States Environmental Protection Agency.
Official Disclaimer: Seek veterinarian advice if needed. Not for use on cats or kittens.
Using Bug Off Butter
Using Bug Off Butter for Your Dog's Bug Relief
- Complete tips, hints & directions brochure is included with every order
- TIN Scoop a bit out with finger or spoon and warm in your palm before application for faster absorption
- TUBE - Warm by putting in pocket for a few minutes for faster absorption
- DAB on area's bugs are drawn to - ears, paws and legs, face, etc.
- DISTRACT to keep them from licking it off (give treat, feed dinner, go for walk)
- REPEAT as needed
- Products have no active ingredients and will not harm your dog if they lick some off. But we do want the product to get it's work done, so see distract tips
Note: Our balms have a very thick, stiff consistency, because your dog's nose/paw/elbow callus is very thick skin tissue. If it were a fluffy cream, it would not work.
- Many dogs do not like being controlled tightly and will try to get away, apply FAST
- Give treats before, during and after application, if needed. Peanut butter on a wooden spoon is a good one!
- Feed their dinner after application
- Play your dog's fave game
- Throw a ball or go for a walk
Think of it like cutting toenails or giving meds. Sometimes we have to do what’s in our dog's best interest.