ONE BLISSFUL DOG CHARITABLE MISSION
How many times have you wished you could do more to help dogs in need? Does it feel overwhelming to see the sad dogs on the Sarah McLachlan ASPCA commercial? Do you wish you could just do something to help? We feel the same way!
The Blissful Dog contributes to dozens of charities through our fundraising programs, donations and gifts, but we wanted to do MORE! After extensive research (aka Googling) into the charitable programs other companies have created, we present...
BUY ONE BLISSFUL BUTTER…MAKE ONE DOG BETTER
It's so easy...and we LOVE easy! You select any of the products below, add to your cart, add whatever goodies you are buying for your dog, you pay and you're DONE!
Monthly we send YOUR donations to a qualified rescue organization. Your name and/or your dog's name will be signed on the card that's included to the rescue group.
PLUS...THE BLISSFUL DOG MATCHES YOUR DONATION
The Blissful Dog matches your donation each month. To provide a wide range of products for the dogs in need, we send a variety of The Blissful Dog products to the rescue groups of same or greater value.
IMPORTANT! READ BEFORE PURCHASING! THIS IS A DONATION ITEM ONLY
This purchase is ONLY for the item to be donated. It is NOT sent to you. The Blissful Dog distributes the donations.
Feel free to tell your favorite rescue group about ONE BLISSFUL DOG Charitable Mission and invite them to apply.
One more thing...you can buy as many donation items as you wish, but ALL are distributed via One Blissful Dog Charitable Mission. You also do not have to buy anything else, hey, we hope you do, of course.
HOW TO USE NOSE BUTTER®
HOW TO APPLY NOSE BUTTER
- Complete tips, hints & directions brochure is included with every order
- TIN Scoop a bit out with finger or spoon
- TUBE Point away from dog's eyes
- DAB on dog's nose
- DISTRACT to keep them from licking it off (give treat, feed dinner, go for walk)
- REPEAT 2-3x daily for 1-3 days or until nose improves
- THEN USE AS NEEDED for maintenance (1-2x a week)
- TIP: Use a spoon to scoop a bit out of tin and warm in your palm before application, if needed
- TIP: Many dogs do not like being controlled tightly and will try to get away, apply FAST
- TIP: Flat faced dogs especially don't like having their faces messed with, dab and go. Bribe liberally!
- TIP: Treats BEFORE, DURING & AFTER really works!
- MORE TIPS HERE
NOSE BUTTER® Ingredients
NOSE BUTTER® is individually handcrafted, mixed and poured one-by-one by The Blissful Dog team here in far northern Minnesota using the following all natural and organic good stuff.
- Shea Butter
- Cocoa Seed Butter
- Almond Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Castor Oil
- Olive Oil
- Scented Formulation: Cedarwood, Cypress and Ylang Ylang Essential Oils
- Or Unscented.
- More info on ingredients here.
Choosing NOSE BUTTER®
WHICH NOSE BUTTER DOES YOUR DOG NEED?
NOSE BUTTER is the same formulation for all the dog breeds, whether it is in tins or tubes and with any label. The breed labels allow you to customize your NOSE BUTTER with your dog's breed on the label (like a breed mug or tshirt). Don’t see your breed? Check out JUST A NOSE (label has uh, Just A Nose) and MIXED Breed Dog labels.
WHY SO MANY SIZES OF TINS & TUBES?
Dogs come in all sizes, so we offer a variety of sizes of tins and tubes.
WHICH IS BEST FOR YOU AND YOUR DOG - NOSE BUTTER IN TINS OR TUBES?
- NOSE BUTTER® is same formula/recipe/magic stuff in tins and tubes
- TINS - better value per ounce
- TINS - great for hands-on application
- TUBES - ez to use - dab and done
- TUBES - no mess
- TUBES - great for travel
- FYI: Tube is like a chapstick, glue stick or deodorant tube NOT a toothpaste tube
- Toy dogs - lip balm sized tubes are great for tiny noses
- Larger size better value per ounce
- Larger sizes save on postage (especially internationally)
- Older dogs need more frequent applications
- Some individual dogs need more frequent applications
- Shelf life is 3 years (or longer) when stored in dry, cool conditions
NASAL HYPERKERATPSIS YOUR DOG'S EXTREMELY DRY NOSE
NASAL HYPERKERATOSIS AKA CRUSTY CRUD, BARNACLE NOSE
Is your dog’s nose EXTREMELY dry? Does it look like barnacles are growing on it? Are there layers or chunks of crust that crack and bleed? If your dog’s nose looks like the BEFORE noses in the image above, it may be Nasal Hyperkeratosis. Rest assured, it is not caused by diet, genetics, playing in the dirt or anything you can control. And the good news is Nose Butter® works on it!
Nasodigital or Nasal Hyperkeratosis is an idiopathic condition, which means unknown cause ¯\(°_o)/¯ that causes excessive formulation of dry crust that vets call keratin, (vet-speak for protein). It actually IS layers of skin tissue that has grown wild over on the nose.
This condition isn't life-threatening and most veterinarians consider Nasal Hyperkeratosis cosmetic. But there are medical, cosmetic and mental health reasons that this dry nose condition can affect your dog's well being. It has to be uncomfortable for your dog. Your dog cannot breathe as easily. It’s unattractive, of course.
Most importantly, your dog is not getting the scents and smells they need to feel secure and confident. A healthy nose snags good smells that float by and provides your dog with info. A dry nose is not going to capture the info packed smells. This can lead to frustration and a lack of self confidence.
You know you feel when have NO SERVICE as you drive in an unfamiliar area? Probably frustrated, anxious and maybe terrified. Your dog experiences those same emotions when they can't get the info they need to make good dog decisions.
MORE INFO HERE.
USING BOO BOO BUTTER
HOW TO APPLY BOO BOO BUTTER FROM TIN AND TUBE
- TIN - Scoop a bit out with finger or spoon (warm in palm for faster absorption)
- TUBE - Point away from eyes, if applicable) and DAB a bit onto the affected area
- Give your dog a treat to keep them from licking BOO BOO BUTTER off so it can soak in and get its work done
- Use 1-3x a day for 2-3 days (then as needed)
Official Disclaimer: If your dog needs to see the veterinarian, please go. BOO BOO BUTTER is not a substitute for veterinarian care, of course.
BOO BOO BUTTER INGREDIENTS
BOO BOO BUTTER ALL NATURAL INGREDIENTS
BOO BOO BUTTER is individually handcrafted, mixed and poured by The Blissful Dog team right here in far northern Minnesota (and yes it does get science fiction cold here) using all natural good stuff:
- Shea butter
- Castor oil
- Avocado oil
- Almond oil
- Neem oil
- Argan oil
- Cocoa seed butter
- Coconut oil
- Olive oil
- Oil infusion of St. John’s Wort Oil, Chamomile, Calendula Oil, Comfrey Oil
- Essential oils (cedar wood, cypress and lavender)
- Complete tips, hints and instructions
- Gift Bag
DOWN & DIRTY DOG BATHING TIPS
DOWN & DIRTY DOG BATHING TIPS
- First, don’t rush. Make sure you have plenty of time to make bath time positive and maybe even fun. If you feel yourself getting frazzled, stop and breathe.
- Determine where the bathing will take place. The kitchen sink or a laundry tub may work for your smaller dog. Large dogs may require the bathtub or shower. If weather permits, bathing your dog outside could be a fun family event
- Gather your supplies prior to the bathing extravaganza
TIP: YOU ARE GONNA GET WET! ACCEPT IT AND DRESS ACCORDINGLY
- SUPPLIES – Your choice of Blissfully Clean Dog Shampoo or Soap, towels (at least three), cotton balls, collar & lead (if needed), yummy dog treats for after bath, wine/chocolate for your job-well-done after bath treat (if needed)
- Use an encouraging happy voice (use that baby talk voice, yeah, we all do it) and talk to your dog throughout the bath
- Put a cotton ball in each ear to keep water out – this is a biggie and will save you potential ear infections and expense
- Wet your dog thoroughly from the ears back with lukewarm water (not hot)
- Tip: DO NOT squirt water into their face…dogs hate that! Use a washcloth or small bath puff for face cleaning
- Grab your shampoo/soap and work up a lather
- Start behind their ears and massage the suds into their coat from ears to tail (don’t forget their toes)
- Rinse, rinse, rinse and then rinse one more time just to be sure!
- Towel dry very gently
- Let your dog shake – they really, really want to, so let ’em have a good shake! It's part of being a dog
- If you used soap put it on a soap dish, let it dry, then pop back in its tin
- If needed, blow dry with a very cool setting. If you will be drying your dog often invest in a special dog blow dryer
- Praise them, pet them, make this a FUN occasion
- Most dogs have the rip snorts after a bath! Let them run!
- Treat yourself to a job well done! Have that glass of wine or treat of your choice
SCIENCE OF DOG SHAMPOO
The Best of Nature & Science for Blissfully Clean Dogs
Time for Canine Coat Science Class
Grab your lab coat and pocket protector, we are going full-on geek! First, let’s cover how our products work…from a scientific point of view.
The #1 Secret to Blissful Dog Coats Is Closing Open Hair Cuticles
Dog skin creates oily sebum which coats each hair cuticles and locks in moisture. This is a good thing, but every bit of dirt that floats by sticks to the sebum. Shampoos and soaps wash the sebum and its dirty passengers away (another good thing), but it leaves the hair cuticle open and fragile (bad thing).
Our shampoos clean in the manner appropriate for each coat type, while lessening the impact on the actual hair cuticle. We also replace the sebum with conditioner which protects the hair cuticle without attracting the debris that natural sebum does.
Making the World More Positive...One Hair of the Dog at a Time
A dog’s coat and skin are naturally negatively charged (-), so when rough, dry hair rubs together the negative hairs repel each other and creates static. This results in fly-away, static hair…which creates more breakage as the fragile hair is snagged and torn by all the other open hairs. Using a conditioner breaks this negative bond, allowing the hair to flow naturally…no static.
CLASS DISMISSED...You Earned an A+ in Dog Coat 101
SHOP BLISSFULLY CLEAN DOGS HERE