• A dog interprets the world mostly by smell, for us it is more by sight.
• A dog’s brain is one-tenth the size of a human brain (varies based on the dog breed), the part that controls smell is 40x larger in a dog’s brain than in humans.
• A dog’s sense of smell is about 1000–10,000,000 times more sensitive than a human’s (depending on the breed).
• A dog has 125,000,000–300,000,000 million scent glands (depending on breed) compared to 5,000,000 scent glands for a human.
• The mucus on a dog’s nose captures scent particles. When a dog’s nose is dry they may lick it to aid in scent capturing.
• When overheated and actively panting, a dog’s sense of smell is reduced by as much as 40% as it uses the air to cool down.
• Dogs collect scents in a special olfactory chamber in their nose until they can identify that smell completely.
Your dog’s nose is his or her most important sense and we want to keep it healthy, happy and working at full amazing capacity. That is why we created The Blissful Dog Nose Butter™.
Of course, we have people ask what makes our Nose Butter better than petroleum jelly or lots of other stuff that we shudder to think about putting on our best buddies noses. Bottom-line is…we want the best all-natural, made with love, by dog lovers for dog lovers stuff we can find for our dogs and we hope you do also.
Plus, did you know… That petroluem jelly is a petroluem by-product. While safe for many usages, it is NOT safe to ingest/eat (can cause diarrhea or stomach upsets). Baby diaper ointments, while safe for baby bottoms, are not safe to eat (hence the warning to call poison control if eaten on the label). Remember…Dogs lick their noses.
For dogs with a fear of thunderstorms, spring and summer and the infamous 4th of July fireworks can be super scary events. Fear can range from a bit of nervousness and unease to sheer “tearing at the walls, yelping and peeing everywhere” panic.
THE BLISSFUL DOG WEBSITE UPDATE & OVERHAUL I know, I know, nobody really cares about all the nuts and bolts parts but me and my team. Alycia and Ashley act like they care, but I suppose they have to since I pay them. Hahaha. Anyhow, if you’ve shopped with us before you may have noticed […]
BOSTON TERRIER NOSE BUTTER REVIEW Never even heard of NOSE BUTTER until about two weeks ago. Once we started searching for something to help my Boston terrier we luckily stumbled upon it. The pictures below are over a four day time frame. Never in a million year would I have thought that the nose butter […]