CAVALIER KING CHARLES SPANIEL NOSE BUTTER
DRY NOSE TREATMENT FOR YOUR CAVALIER
WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY CAVALIER’S NOSE? IT IS DRY AND CRUSTY! HELP!
You and your Cavalier are at the right place. If your Cavalier’s nose is had an overall dull or dry appearance, it may be a stubborn case of dry nose that NOSE BUTTER® will take care of FAST!
If your Cavalier’s nose has thick layers of crust that are cracked and open it may a different condition. Sometimes it even looks like barnacles, scabs or tufts of skin tissue. If your Cavalier’s nose looks like any of the ones below, click to learn more about Nasal Hyperkeratosis.
Nasal hyperkeratosis is an idiopathic condition (¯\(°_o)/¯ medical-speak for they don’t have a clue where it comes from) that causes your dog to create a protein or keratin overgrowth (keratin-more jargon, it just means protein tissue). It is tissue, so it may bleed if you try to pick it off (don’t pick, dogs hate that).
You have not done anything wrong, this is not caused from bad genetics, your dog’s food or water or his love for rooting in the dirt. While it IS a condition, nasal hyperkeratosis can be easily gotten under control and kept under control.
Flat-faced breeds, Bulldog types, toy breeds, the mastiff family and anything with a chunky body type or extreme characteristics seem to have a genetic predisposition toward this condition.
Dry climates, dry heating or a/c and some physical conditions or medications may also aggravate the dryness.
The term condition means this is a chronic issue that can be HEALED but not CURED. The symptoms (the crust) can be gotten under control, and kept under control, but regular maintenance is required. Much as heart worm medicine has to be given or ears cleaned, your dog may require extra nose maintenance attention.
Personally, I feel a slightly depressed or compromised immune system is also one of the causes. Many of the breeds prone to this have extreme characteristics such as flat faces, chunky bodies, are really BIG or really small. It stands to reason that to get such an extreme body type and “look” something is compromised.
NOSE BUTTER® can keep your dog’s nose looking and feeling great with a minimum of expense and trouble. It makes me feel so good that our product has helped tens of thousands of dogs all over the world look and feel better. I’m honored you found us!
WHAT’S THE BIG DEAL ABOUT A DOG HAVING A MOIST NOSE?
Your Cavalier’s sense of smell is his Canine Superpower. While he may never have even SEEN a game bird his genetics carry the nose of Royal Spaniels, bred to flush out game birds and gently bring the fallen ones to their master. That DNA is still active, telling your Spaniel to SNIFF and SNIFF PROUDLY!
That one sniff you see her take conveys a whole Google search of info to your dog. A moist, healthy nose grabs those info carrying scent particles like flypaper, bringing your dog all the scoop. If her nose is dry, she will lick it in a vain attempt to moisten her nose to get her sniffing mojo back. Of course, just like when we lick chapped lips, it just gets worse.
NOSE BUTTER FOR CANINE SNIFFING SUPERPOWER SUPPORT
NOSE BUTTER® for your dog is individually handcrafted (by my team and me – Kathy) here in far northern Minnesota using all organic and natural good stuff – shea butter, olive oil, castor oil, castor oil, avocado oil, almond oil, coconut oil, beeswax, cocoa seed butter, just a dash of essential oils and a LOT of LOVE. Every item is tucked into a gift bag with complete directions, tips and hints included.
NOSE BUTTER is a super rich moisturizer that melts into your dog’s nose in layers. The lighter oils soak in first, then the heavier oils are absorbed and the heavy artillery of the butters brings up the rear to really moisturize and act as a protective barrier (while still being light enough to allow the nose leather skin to breathe). Can’t you feel it helping your Cav’s nose already?
SCENTED OR UNSCENTED
LIGHTLY SCENTED: Original formula NOSE BUTTER® has a bit of aromatherapy oils (Cedarwood to lessen stress, Cypress for to help ground and balance, and Ylang Ylang for a bit of a lift and joy). Most people do not even smell the oils at all, unless you have a sensitive nose, the subtle scent may be detectable.
UNSCENTED VERSION: We firmly believe in the energetic healing benefits of the essential oils we use in The Blissful Dog products, but we respect some of you may want an unscented version.
WHAT NOSE BUTTER® DO I NEED FOR MY DOG? SO MANY CHOICES!
NOSE BUTTER OPTIONS
2-CHOOSE TIN OR TUBE
REMEMBER, THE BREED LABELS ARE JUST FOR FUN! NOSE BUTTER is the same formulation for all the breeds. The breed labels are in alphabetical order loosely by AKC (American Kennel Club) names. I took some liberties, for example: Husky is under HUSKY, not Siberian Husky, Malamute is under Malamute, not Alaskan Malamute.
YOU DON’T HAVE MY BREED? WHAT DO I CHOOSE?
Choose any breed you like OR the JUST A NOSE or our MIXED BREED label. Let me know what breed you have and if I get enough requests I will add that label!
TIP! CHOOSE TIN OR TUBE NEXT
Some dogs respond better to your fingers as the applicator, some dogs prefer a quick dab with the tube and others don’t care at all. If in doubt get a Combo that has tins and tubes and try both methods of application. We offer a lot of sizes because DOGS come in all sizes. The Blissful Dog accommodates your dog’s size from Chihuahuas to Mastiffs.
- Product is applied using your fingers
- Tin can be re-used (get your crafty game on!)
- TIP! Do NOT select slider top tin if you are in a hot area (product may melt in shipping over 90 degrees F) go with regular round screw top tin
- Slider top tin is easy to open for those with arthritis or grip issues
- Better value per ounce
TUBES aka STICKS*
- Product is dabbed onto your dog’s nose like we apply lip balm
- Convenient and easy to use
- Nothing gets on your hands
- Product is easy to open for those with arthritis or grip issues
- Tube is like a chapstick, glue stick or deodorant tube NOT like a toothpaste tube
- * I had never heard tubes referred to as “sticks” until recently, maybe it is a regional thing – like all Pop is a Coke in the South…hmmm
- As expected, the larger sizes are more economical
- Older dogs will need more frequent application
- Individual dog may need more frequent applications
- See image below for dimensions of containers
- Remember, a dry nose is a condition that will require NOSE BUTTER® for maintenance
NOSE BUTTER USAGE, TIPS, HINTS & INFO, SHIPPING FAQS, REVIEWS, HOW TO AND MORE IN TABS DIRECTLY ABOVE
HOW TO APPLY NOSE BUTTER®
- Tin – Dab a bit, appropriate for their size nose, across the top of the nose
- Tube – Point away from eyes and swipe across nose
- Apply 2-3x a day for 2-3 days until nose improves
- Then use as needed for maintenance (1-3x weekly on average)
DISTRACT & DIVERT
NOSE BUTTER will not harm your dog if they lick any off (or eat the whole tin-it has happened!), but we want it to soak in and get its job done. To keep your dog from licking NOSE BUTTER off try the following:
- Give a cookie or treat before and after application (added benefit – they soon associate NOSE BUTTER with yummy treats)
- Feed dinner (extra yummy)
- Play a game
- Go for a walk
FOR EXTREMELY DRY, CRUSTY, CRACKED NOSES
- Apply 2-3x a day for 2-3 days
- Test crusty area with tissue to see if it is loosened
- If crust crumbles off, go to maintenance application
- If crust does not easily crumble off continue application 2-3x a day for 2-3 more days
- Repeat test
- Then use as needed for maintenance (may be daily for senior or compromised dogs)
ODDS & ENDS
- NOSE BUTTER in the tin and the tube is same product, just different containers
- NOSE NUTTER is same formulation for all the breeds…labels are for fun for US
- NOSE BUTTER will do no harm if your dog licks some and swallows it (or eats the whole tin)
- Dip a bit of NOSE BUTTER and warm it in the palm of your hand prior to application, if you so choose
- Some prefer to scoop NOSE BUTTER out of the tin with a spoon or knife – it’s all good!
- In summer – pop NOSE BUTTER into the fridge (envelope and all) for 10-15 minutes when it arrives to firm it up again
- In winer – allow NOSE BUTTER to soften to room temperature (it is coming from far northern Minnesota after all)
MORE TIPS FOR SMOOTH NOSE SUCCESS
Many dogs loathe being controlled, held tightly or messed with in any way. Flat-faced dogs often stress a bit more because their breathing is already compromised, so they instinctively try to prevent having their noses covered. Be FAST in applying NOSE BUTTER and they will be much more accepting.
CAVALIER KING CHARLES SPANIEL NOSE BUTTER COMBOS
- ALL 4 CAVALIER COLOR VARIETIES
- BLACK & TAN AND RUBY DUO
BIG SNIFF COMBO CAVALIER KING CHARLES SPANIEL 19.95 / REG 40.50
- ONE 1 OZ TIN NOSE BUTTER WITH YOUR CHOICE CAVALIER KING CHARLES SPANIEL LABEL (SEE ABOVE)
- ONE 1 OZ TIN BOO BOO BUTTER WITH CAVALIER KING CHARLES SPANIEL OUCH! LABEL
- TWO .15 OZ TUBE NOSES BUTTER WITH YOUR CHOICE CAVALIER KING CHARLES SPANIEL LABEL
- ONE .15 OZ TUBE BOO BOO BUTTER WITH CAVALIER KING CHARLES SPANIEL OUCH! LABEL
- ONE .15 OZ TUBE PAW BUTTER
- IN A BIG ALUMINUM GIFT CASE TIN 5.25″ DIA.
- TIPS & USAGE BROCHURE INCLUDED
- BONUS!!! ONE .15 OZ TUBE NOSE BUTTER SUMMERTIME WITH CAVALIER KING CHARLES SPANIEL LABEL
- UNSCENTED OPTION IS FOR NOSE BUTTER ONLY
YOUR CAVALIER’S NOSE KNOWS TIN & TUBE COMBO 10.95 / REG 14.95
- 1.25 OZ SLIDER TIN NOSE BUTTER WITH YOUR CHOICE CAVALIER LABEL
- .15 OZ TUBE NOSE BUTTER WITH YOUR CHOICE OF CAVALIER LABEL
- GIFT BAG
- COMPLETE TIPS, HINTS & DIRECTIONS INCLUDED
IS YOUR CAVALIER TERRIFIED OF THUNDER? DO FIRECRACKERS FRIGHTEN YOUR KING CHARLES? DOES BEING LEFT HOME ALONE SEND YOUR CAVALIER INTO A TAILSPIN?
RELAX DOG AROMATHERAPY FOR CAVLIER KC STRESS
The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel is a sensitive, sweet soul. One glance into those eyes and you know there is nothing but love and gentleness there. Of course, it is our job to protect just a sweet spirit from the stress and anxiety caused by thunderstorms, fireworks, trips to the groomer or vet or even being left alone.
RELAX, with the gentle, calming blend of essential oils takes the edge off your Cavalier’s stress…NATURALLY.
RELAX – .45 oz roll-on plastic bottle with relaxed Cavalier on the label in an organza gift bag. Comes with complete tips, hints and usage directions.
RELAX is our custom blend of soothing essential oils; Bergamot, Lavender, Cedarwood, Cypress, Frankincense, and Vetiver, in a carrier of organic golden jojoba oil, organic grape seed oil and organic sweet almond oil
BOO BOO BUTTER FOR YOUR CAVALIER KING CHARLES SPANIEL
Does Your CAV ever have – Itchies, Owies, Bug Bites, Brush or Clipper Burn, Scars, Bangs or Bumps, Small Abrasions or even injuries to an overzealous wagging tail? BOO BOO BUTTER to the rescue!
- Soothes & Revitalizes
- Softens Crusty Ear Edges
- Soothes Scars & Scabs
- Calms Itchy Skin
- Helps Banged Up “Happy Tails”
- Relieves Assorted Discomforts
BOO BOO BUTTER is individually handcrafted (by my team and me – Kathy) here in far northern Minnesota using all organic and natural good stuff – shea butter, olive oil, castor oil, castor oil, avocado oil, almond oil, coconut oil, beeswax, need oil, organ oil, cocoa seed butter, oil infusions of: St. John’s Wort, Calendula, Chamomile and Comfrey, and a our synergestic essential oil blend and a LOT of LOVE.
Official Disclaimer: Of course some individual dogs may have a reaction to one of the ingredients (no matter how natural they are). If an adverse reaction occurs, quit using the product and consult your veterinarian if needed.
CAVALIER KING CHARLES SPANIEL HISTORY & INFO
Cavalier King Charles Spaniel History
Small spaniels were used to flush and hunt birds in Great Britain as early as 1016, according to the scant records from this time. These small spaniels left their hunting days behind them to become the preferred companion of the rich and royal. Many little spaniel type dogs were seen in 16th, 17th, and 18th century paintings of royalty and life at court. Artists who painted the Royal Spaniels included Titian, Van Dyck, Lely, Stubbs, Gainsborough, Reynolds, and Romney.
Both King Charles I and King Charles II (during the 1600s) were smitten with the little spaniels and as you probably figured out by now, they were named for King Charles II. They were crossed with Pugs and the Japanese Chin during the Victorian Era and became what we call the English Toy Spaniel, the King Charles Spaniel or (“Charlie”) in the United Kingdom. My own little Gio is an English Toy Spaniel.
The English Toy/Charlie type was greatly preferred at this time and almost led to the extinction of the original, longer faced, flatter skulled Cavalier. In the 1920s Roswell Eldridge, a fancier here in the United States, fell in love with the look of the original type of Cavalier. He offered prize money to exhibitors at Crufts dog show in England who may still have the “Blenheim Spaniels of the Old World type.”
As is often the case, the idea of cold, hard cash generated excitement and many breeders began working to regain the original type of King Charles Spaniel. The result of these efforts created the base of the gene pool for the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel of today.
Now the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel is much more popular than its once “Belle of the Ball”cousin, the English Toy.