BULLDOG NOSE BUTTER® DRY NOSE TREATMENT
DRY BULLDOG NOSE…SO COMMON…SO PREVENTABLE!
Your Bulldog brings so much joy…how can you look at that face and not smile? Plus, those crazy Bulldog antics keep everyone laughing! How many times have you watched that video of the Bulldog skateboarding? Yeah, me too.
Those of us who love the Bulldog breeds are used to that bully temperament, a bit of stubbornness and maybe a little gassiness from time to time. Hmmm, did I just describe my husband?
One thing you do not have to accept is a dry Bulldog nose. The Blissful Dog NOSE BUTTER® will have your Bulldog’s nose in beautiful bully shape FAST!
TIME FOR YOUR BULLDOG NOSE SCIENCE LESSON Your Bulldog may have a classic dry nose – a bit dull, a little rough and dry. If so, NOSE BUTTER® will have that nose back in moist shape FAST. If their nose looks like the ones below, like it has barnacles growing on it or you cringe at the layers of stubborn cracked crust, your Bulldog may have Nasal Hyperkeratosis. Click the Toggle + to learn more.
Nasal hyperkeratosis is an idiopathic condition (¯\(°_o)/¯ medical-speak for they don’t have a clue where it comes from) that causes your dog to create a protein or keratin overgrowth (keratin-more jargon, it just means protein tissue). It is tissue, so it may bleed if you try to pick it off (don’t pick, dogs hate that).
You have not done anything wrong, this is not caused from bad genetics, your dog’s food or water or his love for rooting in the dirt. While it IS a condition, nasal hyperkeratosis can be easily gotten under control and kept under control.
Flat-faced breeds, Bulldog types, toy breeds, the mastiff family and anything with a chunky body type or extreme characteristics seem to have a genetic predisposition toward this condition.
Dry climates, dry heating or a/c and some physical conditions or medications may also aggravate the dryness.
The term condition means this is a chronic issue that can be HEALED but not CURED. The symptoms (the crust) can be gotten under control, and kept under control, but regular maintenance is required. Much as heart worm medicine has to be given or ears cleaned, your dog may require extra nose maintenance attention.
Personally, I feel a slightly depressed or compromised immune system is also one of the causes. Many of the breeds prone to this have extreme characteristics such as flat faces, chunky bodies, are really BIG or really small. It stands to reason that to get such an extreme body type and “look” something is compromised.
NOSE BUTTER® can keep your dog’s nose looking and feeling great with a minimum of expense and trouble. It makes me feel so good that our product has helped tens of thousands of dogs all over the world look and feel better. I’m honored you found us!
NOSE BUTTER® for Bulldogs is individually handcrafted (by me – Kathy) here in far northern Minnesota using all organic good stuff – organic shea butter, organic olive oil, organic castor oil, organic castor oil, organic avocado oil, organic almond oil, organic coconut oil, organic beeswax, organic cocoa seed butter, just a dash of essential oils and a LOT of LOVE. Every item is tucked into a fabric gift bag with complete directions included.
SCENTED OR UNSCENTED?
LIGHTLY SCENTED: Original formulation NOSE BUTTER® has a dash of essential or aromatherapy oils (Cedarwood for grounding and stress reduction, Cypress for balance and clarity and Ylang Ylang for uplifting energy and light), but unless you have an sensitive nose, the subtle scent may be hard to smell.
UNSCENTED VERSION: We totally believe in the energetic healing benefits of the dash of essential oils used in our products, but we honor some of you may prefer an unscented version. So, we now offer an UNSCENTED formulation.
HOW TO APPLY NOSE BUTTER®
- Tin – Dab a bit, appropriate for their size nose, across the top of the nose
- Tube – Point away from eyes and swipe across nose
- Apply 2-3x a day for 2-3 days until nose improves
- Then use as needed for maintenance (1-3x weekly on average)
DISTRACT & DIVERT
NOSE BUTTER will not harm your dog if they lick any off (or eat the whole tin-it has happened!), but we want it to soak in and get its job done. To keep your dog from licking NOSE BUTTER off try the following:
- Give a cookie or treat before and after application (added benefit – they soon associate NOSE BUTTER with yummy treats)
- Feed dinner (extra yummy)
- Play a game
- Go for a walk
FOR EXTREMELY DRY, CRUSTY, CRACKED NOSES
- Apply 2-3x a day for 2-3 days
- Test crusty area with tissue to see if it is loosened
- If crust crumbles off, go to maintenance application
- If crust does not easily crumble off continue application 2-3x a day for 2-3 more days
- Repeat test
- Then use as needed for maintenance (may be daily for senior or compromised dogs)
ODDS & ENDS
- NOSE BUTTER in the tin and the tube is same product, just different containers
- NOSE NUTTER is same formulation for all the breeds…labels are for fun for US
- NOSE BUTTER will do no harm if your dog licks some and swallows it (or eats the whole tin)
- Dip a bit of NOSE BUTTER and warm it in the palm of your hand prior to application, if you so choose
- Some prefer to scoop NOSE BUTTER out of the tin with a spoon or knife – it’s all good!
- In summer – pop NOSE BUTTER into the fridge (envelope and all) for 10-15 minutes when it arrives to firm it up again
- In winer – allow NOSE BUTTER to soften to room temperature (it is coming from far northern Minnesota after all)
MORE TIPS FOR SMOOTH NOSE SUCCESS
Many dogs loathe being controlled, held tightly or messed with in any way. Flat-faced dogs often stress a bit more because their breathing is already compromised, so they instinctively try to prevent having their noses covered. Be FAST in applying NOSE BUTTER and they will be much more accepting.
BULLDOG COMBO KITS
BIG SNIFF BULLDOG COMBO 19.95/REG 40.50
- ONE 1 OZ TIN NOSE BUTTER WITH BULLDOG LABEL
- ONE 1 OZ TIN BOO BOO BUTTER WITH BULLDOG BOO BOO LABEL
- ONE .15 OZ TUBE ELBOW BUTTER OR 2ND NOSE BUTTER WITH BULLDOG LABEL (CHOOSE IN DROPDOWN MENU)
- ONE .15 OZ TUBE BOO BOO BUTTER BUTTER WITH BULLDOG OUCH! LABEL
- ONE .15 OZ TUBE PAW BUTTER
- BONUS!!! ONE .15 OZ NOSE BUTTER SUMMERTIME WITH BULLDOG LABEL
- IN 5.25″ ALUMINIM GIFT CASE
Unscented option refers to NOSE BUTTER® ONLY
NOSE KNOWS TIN & TUBE BULLDOG COMBO 10.95/REG 14.85
- ONE.15 OZ TUBE NOSE BUTTER WITH BULLDOG LABEL
- ONE 1.25 OZ SLIDE TIN NOSE BUTTER WITH BULLDOG LABEL
- GIFT BAG
- COMPLETE USAGE DIRECTIONS, TIPS & HINTS
FROM NOES TO TOES FOR YOUR BULLDOG 12.95/REG 19.90
- ONE .15 OZ TUBE NOSE BUTTER WITH BULLDOG LABEL
- ONE .15 OZ TUBE BOO BOO BUTTER BUTTER WITH BULLDOG OUCH! LABEL
- ONE .15 OZ TUBE PAW BUTTER
- 2ND .15 OZ NOSE BUTTER WITH BULLDOG LABEL
- NOTE: UNSCENTED OPTION IS FOR NOSE BUTTER® ONLY
IS YOUR BULLDOG TERRIFIED OF THUNDER? FRIGHTENED BY FIREWORKS? AFRAID OF BEING HOME ALONE?
RELAX DOG AROMATHERAPY FOR BULLDOGS
RELAX was created to help stressed, tense, frightened or anxious dogs work through their fears. Thunderstorms frighten a lot of dogs and 4th of July fireworks can be a big stress factor. Dogs that have come into rescue or are being transported to a foster home can benefit greatly by RELAX. Many dogs are upset by loud noises, training classes or may suffer from separation anxiety. RELX is a gentle anxiety treatment you can use easily in your home or on the go.
Yeah, we know your Bulldog acts like a tough guy (or gal), but even our Bulldogs can suffer from anxiety on occasion. RELAX takes the edge off the bully blues.
RELAX is a soothing blend of therapeutic quality aromatherapy oils; Bergamot, Lavender, Cedarwood, Cypress, Frankincense, and Vetiver, in a carrier of organic golden jojoba oil, organic grape seed oil and organic sweet almond oilMORE INFO ON DOG AROMATHERAPY
BOO BOO BUTTER FOR YOUR BULLDOG’S DISCOMFORTS
Does Your Bulldog ever have – Itchies, Owies, Bug Bites, Brush or Clipper Burn, Scars, Bangs or Bumps, Small Abrasions or plain old aggravated areas? BOO BOO BUTTER to the rescue!
- Soothes & Revitalizes
- Softens Crusty Ear Edges
- Soothes Scars & Scabs
- Calms Itchy Skin
- Helps Itchy Toes
- Relieves Assorted Discomforts
Handcrafted by my staff and I, right here in far northern Minnesota using organic shea butter, organic avocado oil, organic virgin olive oil, organic castor oil, organic jojoba oil, organic grape seed oil, Infusions of: St. John’s Wort, Calendula OIl, Comfrey Oil Infusion, Neem Oil, and a our synergestic essential oil blend and a LOT of LOVE. The addition of the extra healing oils and the Calendula, Comfrey, Neem Oil, Argan Oil and St. John’s Wort adds another level of soothing energy.
The English Bulldog originated in the British Isles, of course. The dog was used in bull baiting, which was a common past time during this era. They were aggressive, ferocious and courageous. They did not hesitate to attack full grown bulls. Bulldogs dove underneath the bull and came up, aiming for the neck, making it hard for the bull to fight back.
Oh Boy! Though many of us know of Warren G. Harding’s Airedale, Laddie Boy, did you know he also had a Bulldog while President? His pet bulldog, Oh Boy, died during his first term in office and that was when the Airedale moved into the White House.
We’re #1 Bulldogs are one of the most popular mascots for colleges, universities and sports teams. Uga, the mascot of the University of Georgia team, is one of the most famous. Since 1956 there have been nine Ugas.
The Ugas who have ambled across the Rainbow Bridge are laid to rest in a mausoleum close to the front of Sanford Stadium. A bronze plaque describing each dog’s term as mascot and an epitaph is engraved in front of each final resting place.
Oh, Baby! Over 80% of bulldogs are delivered by C-section. The heads and shoulders are too big to pass naturally, making surgery a necessity.